Here at Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics we are very strict on safeguarding and making sure all members are surrounded by a supportive, inspiring and healthy atmosphere. Miss Poppy’s believes it is important that gymnasts, coaches, parents and guardians associated with the Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics should show respect, care and understanding for the safety and welfare of others at all times. All concerns or complaints that members may have about Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics are encouraged to contact the Club Welfare Officer in the first instance .
As a member of Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics, you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- All members must participate within the rules and respect the coach’s decisions.
- Members must pay any fees for training, events or orders by the deadline date.
- Members should treat all equipment with respect.
- All members must work as a team, respect fellow class members and act in a good sportsmanship manor.
- Members should arrive 5minutes before training. Agree a meeting time for competitions or inform Miss Poppy if they are going to be late or absent.
- Members must wear suitable attire for training (Miss Poppy’s Club Kit) and events as agreed with the coach. Keep all long hair tied back. Remove all body jewellery.
- There must be no use of bad language, bad sportsmanship or slander of other team members.
- Gymnasts should remain in the gym at the end of a session until collected by their authorised parent or guardian to be greeted at the gym door.
Parents & Guardians
- Always ensure your gymnast arrives 5minutes before their class starts to practice good punctuality.
- Learn Miss Poppy’s Rules and encourage your gymnast to participate within them.
- Make sure they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water to bring into class with them.
- Must remain outside the gym hall throughout class unless instructed to do so by your gymnasts’ coach. Do not lean on glass.
- Encourage your gymnasts to support and cheer on their team members inside and outside class. We celebrate all success and improvements.
- Please do not challenge / argue with coaches and team members (Welfare- Miss Poppy firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Never force your gymnast to take part in sport
- Always ensure your gymnast is in the correct club kit for class.
- Keep Miss Poppy informed if your child is ill or unable to attend class
- Good communications with the coaches for the benefit of all.
- Always support coaches with feedback if given. Coaches always speak to a parent/guardian if a gymnast is proving to disturb, distract or cause safety problem to themselves or others in class. Please encourage a high standard of good behaviour from your gymnast.
- Reframe from using bad language.
- Always collect your child on time at the end of a session by the entrance to the hall.
For Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics it’s very important for the gymnasts to feel safe, supported, inspired and confident when in class. To achieve this all coaches must adhere to the following:
- Always consider the safety of the gymnasts. Check all equipment before use.
- Always give a high-quality standard of coaching that will keep the gymnasts engaged, inspired and excited for Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics classes each week.
- Create a sense of team atmosphere full of encouragement for great sportsmanship.
- Show respect and understanding to members. Always inform parents/guardians with feedback if needed. Always speak to a parent/guardian if a gymnast is proving to disturb, distract or cause safety problem to themselves or others in class.
- Be approachable and open to listen and help.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with gymnasts and parents/guardians.
- Hold the appropriate qualifications and insurance cover with IGA Gymnastics.
- Always wearing club uniform in class and show pride in appearance when wearing it.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all gymnasts are suitably prepared physically and mentally when in class.
- Hold agreement waiver form from the parent/guardian of the gymnasts before transporting them anywhere (training/competitions).
- Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the IGA Child Protection procedures.
- Always must be a first aider present. All first aid given must be correctly reported along with parent/guardian informed
- Make sure that confidential information is protected and safe.
- Report to Miss Poppy for and questions or concerns.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by IGA Gymnastics and Miss Poppy’s Gymnastics.